Saturday, September 17, 2011

What I've Been Reading: September 17, 2011


I'm obsessed with Kinfolk Magazine, and last week I mentioned Styled. But have you checked out Fathom Away (a travel diary-blog) and Matchbook Magazine yet? Simple, elegant style, and delightfully interesting reads!

One of my favorite authors describes Irene's devastation in my hometown. It wasn't the water or the wind. It was the spray. Spraying salt. Spraying sand. Bringing autumn all too soon.

A dear friend and college classmate's sister has opened up a bakery in VT. Oh, makes me miss the Green Mountain State!

If you love to bake, this is essential. Read: ESSENTIAL (along with Rose Levy Beranbaum's The Cake Bible). It'll change your life!

Blue Bottle, baby! A little bit of the Bay Area to keep me company in the big concrete jungle. 

Simple yet easy, and delightfully delicious. It reminds me of summer camp at Waveny House, so many years ago. I want to try it with fresh cream from a cow.

Do this while it's still warm! 

Classie is a force to be reckoned with in upper Manhattan - she's a go-to teacher and resource in one of NYRP's beloved community gardens, and makes one mean salsa! 

A laugh a day will keep the doctor away - and keep you from reaching for the aspirin? 

Oh, the picture of Italy here sent me back to two summers ago. And this recipe for an almond tart got me hooked. Read this inspirational and well-done blog! Oh, and she's a girl after my own heart, minimizing grains, and eliminating dairy and gluten. Wee!!! 

Just another reason to visit my darling friend TMT in California! Inspiring and stylish.

My latest gluten-free recipe site obsession. How delicious does that cake look? K, M, M, N, and L, get ready. Who's baking next weekend?!! 

Brilliant. Because when you cook burgers or curry in a small apartment, it does leave a lasting odor! 

The art of stacking dishes on a hostess' tray. Yes, there is an art to it!

From bruises to bumps, sore muscles to general aches, I've been swearing by this stuff for YEARS!!! 

Oh, that chimichurri looks soooo good. Reminds me of Barcelona Stamford's steak. Hmmm... I wonder what's for dinner next weekend.



No comments: