Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sad, but true

Okay, I can't believe I'm saying this - but my friends turned me onto Houston's. Well, maybe I should say Hillstone now (they finally changed the menu on 27th Street!!!). Yes, it's a steakhouse, but that is so NOT why we go there everytime we get together for dinner!!!

At first, I was simply surprised with how simple and good the food was. Now, I crave the wine, crave the food, and miss one specific server! I admit - I'm a convert.

So what is this food that I am raving about? No - not no fancy stuff. Simply fresh and spinach-laden spinach dip (with chips and bread - your choice - I prefer the toasted ciabatta). And then there is the Grilled Chicken Salad. I like mine chopped, with LOTS of extra peanut sauce (if you know me, you know I love peanut butter and peanut sauce). Most important, the Mudhouse Sauvignon Blanc. We get the same thing everytime, and it is just so good. Comfort food at it's best. I recommend you go there - just not when I go (it's a busy place!)!

No comments: