Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Ultimate (Gluten-Free) Thanksgiving Planner

The countdown has begun! I'm sitting here, surrounded by cookbooks, this morning, thinking about what sorts of gluten-free dishes I want to see on my family's Thanksgiving table. I'm using this fantastic planner - complete with a downloadable checklist of what I need to have!

There will be the turkey, again mine, but instead of a traditional roast bird, we're going to spatchcock it, removing the backbone to cut down on the cooking time. Agast because of the stuffing crime we're committing? It's OK - there will be no stuffing this year. Darn breadcrumbs...

Instead, we're amping up the butternut squash and sweet potatoes. Quinoa and brown rice will be a part of the table. Oh, and plenty of cranberry sauce, roasted brussels sprouts, and green beans.

Now, back to resume my gluten-free pecan pie recipe hunt... Have a delicious recipe? Share the link below!

No comments: