Sunday, March 13, 2011

Where to Eat in Northern Manhattan

Photo by Paul Lomax via DNAInfo.com

Last weekend, I brunched with a couple of good friends after running in a 5k race in Northern Manhattan. As the race started at 168th Street and progressed up through Fort Tryon Park, I knew exactly where to enjoy a wonderful meal (featuring lots of fresh produce and hand-crafted treats and cocktails) afterwards: New Leaf Restaurant & Bar.

I love how all proceeds benefit New York Restoration Project, a non-profit organization founded by Bette Midler that has saved over 50 community gardens from development since it's founding over 15 years ago. The stone cottage-like building is also located in the most magical spot: under the tall trees adjacent to the Heather Garden in Fort Tryon Park.

To learn more about what we ate -- and New Leaf -- check out my friend Amanda's post. I can't wait to go back and try their Blackberry Margarita (and enjoy another Sour Cherry Scone. Oh my goodness, heavenly...).

No comments: