Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Note from Earthly Epicurean

As many of you know, I recently started culinary school at The French Culinary School in New York City. Though I love being in the kitchen all day, commuting to/from school after a long day takes the last little bit out of you. As well, when I'm in the kitchen all day at school, I really don't want to stand in front of the stove at night!

So, during the week, I focus on creating quick, easy and light meals that are fruit and veggie heavy. Usually my big meal of the day is lunch, at school (just not in proper French fashion...multiple hours, lots of wine. I wish!) Usually delicious, these meals tend to be meat and starch based. And as someone who likes to eat "mostly plants," (as the brilliant writer Michael Pollan wrote) I need some color to round out my day. I hope to share some of my go-to favorites in an upcoming post.

On the weekends, I usually cook a dish or two, either to eat over that weekend, or that I can save for a weekday meal. For example, I plan on making some Creamy Tomato Soup and Red Wine Braised Lamb Shanks tomorrow...recipes to come!

Regardless, with this change in schedule, my frequency of postings has decreased, but I promise to share with you not only some interesting recipes that I work on at home, as well as some favorites from school. And, of course, I will be sure to continue on sharing, on a weekly basis, more "Earthly Epicurean" delights that I purchase from the markets...

No comments: