Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thought for the day


So, I subscribe to Rob Brezny's horoscopes, thanks to an old friend, Mary. 



I found this week's reflections interesting, given that I've recently felt the "how are yous" and the "catch you laters" are utterly devoid of emotion, and just filling space and buying time when we are not in touch with our own feelings.

So, for my sign, Rob said: 

"
During the Tang Dynasty, a golden age of Chinese culture, educated people didn't use clichéd salutations to begin and end their encounters with each other. No "Hi, how you doing?" or "See you later. Take care." Instead, they improvised creatively, composing poetic riffs appropriate for the occasion. "Your face is especially bright today. Are you expecting to see a lucky cloud?" or "I'll bask in your glories again later. In the meantime, may you find a brisk blend of elegance and mischief." I'd love to see you do something like that, Libra. It's prime time to boost your alliances to a higher octave. Give more to your collaborators, and ask for more, too. "

I love the phrase, " I'll bask in your glories later. In the meantime, may you find a brisk blend of elegance and mischief." To me, if you say what you truly feel, it is more honest, open, geniune. I'm kind of getting the hang of sharing my true feelings and thoughts, and thus giving more, to people after many years of holding it all in in fear of being outcast. However, I'm not very good at trying to get the real emotions and feelings from others. Maybe it is them, they aren't ready to open up. But, I can gently persist by leading by example. I feel like the information I sometimes need is just right there, within reach or a conversation, but I don't want to come off as needy, demanding, or mean by saying "I have to know this. Now!" 

This week's reflections change that. I'm given permission to give and share more, and also ask for more. In retrospect, a certain conversation I had last week comes to mind with regards to this exact sharing of information. And, quite a few days, and much space, later, it's true. You give more, you certainly do get more.

What do you think?


No comments: