Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Sunday Sweet Treat

I was home, exhausted, this past Sunday and craving fresh baked cookies. Alas, it was only me and since I'm trying to stay away from sweets these days, I didn't need a full batch lying around!

Solution? A small batch of cakey, tender cookies. I was inspired a bit by the classic Toll House recipe, as well as Martha Stewart's Soft Chocolate Chip cookies.

Chocolate Chip Cookies for One

3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
4 tablespoons sour cream
1 heaping cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together dry ingredients. Beat butter and sugars in mixer on high speed for five minutes, or until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce to low, and add flour and sour cream, alternating. Remove from mixer and fold in chocolate chips.

Drop onto silpat covered baking sheet by heaping tablespoon and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.

My favorite way to enjoy these? With Whole Foods' Hot Fudge and The Daily Scoop's ice cream (any vanilla/coconut/coffee flavor!)....yum!!!

No comments: